Patriot Express

Plan for a long commute on the Patriot Express


The Patriot Express, also known as the Rotator, or Cat B flight, is a Department of Defense (DoD) contracted commercial charter flight which provides international support to travelers on official duty and their families. The PE also provides Space Available travel opportu­nities to and from the United States. The 618th Air Operations Center at Scott AFB, IL, schedules these flights on a reoccurring basis both to and from AMC commercial airports and military passenger terminals. These flights offer an array of in-flight amenities and operate similar to commercial airlines.

You will fly into Baltimore Washington International (BWI) and will have to retrieve your luggage and then move over to the AMC Terminal to check in. You will typically have a six-eight hour layover prior to the Patriot Express’s departure time. During this time it is recommended that you use one of the currency exchange sites to get 100 Euro’s to bring with you for the trip. German establishments do not accept American currency. Some German establishments accept a U.S. VISA credit card.


Once you arrive in Ramstein Air Force base, you will in-process (about 1 hour), and then take the bus to your hotel for the night.  On the second day you will arrive at the Tower Barracks Reception Center. Your sponsor will meet you and assist in getting you and your family to your hotel or barracks room after the briefing from Military Personnel Division (MPD).


For more information you can visit the links below:

AMC Home Page:

AMC Official Travel Page:

AMC Pet Travel Page:


Baggage Allowance

Each passenger is authorized two pieces of checked baggage not to exceed 70 pounds and 62 linear inches (sum of length+width+height) each. Bags larger than 62 linear inches and/or heavier than 70 pounds will be counted as two pieces and an excess baggage charge may apply. Excess baggage rates vary depending on your destination but will not exceed $125. Excess bag­ gage/pet fees can be paid by cash, check, or credit card. Excess Bag age is Not Authorized for Space ­Available Passengers

Carry-on Baggage

Carry-ons must fit under the seat in front of you or in an overhead bin. Approximate dimensions are 9" x 14" x 22" for a total of 45 linear inches.

Baggage Exceeding 80 Linear Inches and/or 100 pounds WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

Disposition of unauthorized weight or oversized baggage is the responsibility of the owner/traveler.



Families in Permanent Change of Station (PCS) status are authorized to travel with their pets, but are limited to two pets (cats and dogs only) per family. Each pet is limited to 150lbs (this includes the combined weight of the pet and its kennel/carrier). Small pets are authorized in-cabin as long as the kennel/carrier does not exceed 20" L X 16" W X 8.5" H and can fit under the seat. Soft-sided and collapsible kennels/carriers are authorized for in-cabin pets only. Each pet must be able to lie down, stand up, and turn around in its kennel/carrier. Passengers are responsible for obtaining and meeting all pet shipment requirements, quarantine, and fees associated with the shipment of their pet(s). Contact your local Transportation Office or AMC Passenger Terminal for further information. We recommend contacting your veterinarian to obtain any required documentation and for advice on preparing your pet for travel; feeding, watering, etc.  Please refer to our Pet Travel Brochure on our AMC Travel Site: htttp://­Site for additional information.

Service Animals and Emotional Support Animals (ESA)

Bona fide service animals and ESA's are authorized to accompany passengers with disabilities in the cabin of the aircraft. Service Animals require identification cards and written documentation issued by an agency verifying the animal has been trained as a service animal.

Transportation is subject to country quarantine procedures. Specific information can be found by accessing It's recommended that you con­ tact your local Transportation Office or AMC Passenger Terminal to ensure your service animal can be accommodated. ESA's require documentation from a licensed mental health professional (e.g., a psychiatrist, psychologist, or licensed clinical social worker) IAW. For ESA documentation requirements, please see the Pet Travel Brochure on our AMC Travel Sites









Home : Sponsorship : Patriot Express